Dig deep into what the Bible has to say.
Discussions from Matthew and Luke. Enjoy 13 weeks of thoughtful conversation focusing on the life of Jesus when you use the Fearless Conversation: Why Is Jesus So Radical? Participant Guides. Based on discussions from Matthew and Luke, this adult Sunday school curriculum includes topics such as "How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation?" and "Can we really beat temptation?"
The Fearless Conversation: Why Is Jesus So Radical? Participant Guides contain Bible commentaries, discussion questions, and all the Scripture readings (NIV) for each adult Sunday school lesson.
6" x 9" softcover
Quarter 1 Why is Jesus so radical? Discussions from Matthew and Luke
- Lesson 1: Why did God come as a baby? Luke 2:1-20 (Jesus is born)
- Lesson 2: Can we really beat temptation? Matthew 4:1-11 (Temptation of Christ)
- Lesson 3: What does it really mean to follow Jesus? Matthew 4:18-25 (Jesus begins his public ministry)
- Lesson 4: How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation? Matthew 9:18-26 (Healing Jarius' daughter and a bleeding woman)
- Lesson 5: What does it mean if Jesus really is God's Son? Luke 9:18-36 (Peter's confession and the Transfiguration)
- Lesson 6: Why did Jesus tell such confusing stories? Matthew 13:24-45 (Kingdom parables)
- Lesson 7: Was Jesus racist, or sexist—or both? Matthew 15:21-28 (Jesus compares a Canaanite woman to a dog)
- Lesson 8: What's Jesus got against grown-ups? Luke 18:15-17 (Jesus blesses children)
- Lesson 9: What was really going on at Jesus' "Triumphal Entry" into Jerusalem? Luke 19:29-44 (Triumphal entry)
- Lesson 10: What if God wants more than I want to give? Matthew 26:36-55 (Jesus prays in Gethsemane, then is arrested)
- Lesson 11: Did God really disown Jesus on the cross? Matthew 27:32-56 (Jesus is crucified)
- Lesson 12: Resurrection seems so impossible... how can I believe in a literal "Easter" story? Matthew 27:62-28:15 (Jesus returns to life)
- Lesson 13: How can I know Jesus is really alive today? Luke 24:36-53 (Jesus appears to the disciples, then ascends to heaven)