By Steven Tighe and Syler Thomas
Real ministry happens when volunteers/small-group youth leaders are equipped and empowered to reach and develop relationships that make a difference in the lives of the teenagers. But so many don't feel like they really know how. Small-Group Leader's Quick Guide to (Almost) Everything gives your youth ministry volunteers the practical training they need in the bite-size format they'll appreciate. This book is like a satisfying "protein bar" for youth ministry volunteers. It's made for busy people who want to make a big difference in the lives of teenagers.
Here's some of what you'll find packed into this quick guide:
- Why relationships are EVERYTHING in youth ministry, and how to pour fuel on that fire
- How to "decode" teenagers' behavior in the moment and respond in a meaningful way
- Why experiencing a relationship with Jesus matters more than just knowing facts
- How to help hurting teenagers
- How to set healthy boundaries for you and the teenagers
- And so much more!
If you're a volunteer youth worker who cares for teenagers, you don't have to be "cool" or wear skinny jeans or have a theological degree. You just need to have a desire to be present in the lives of students and feel equipped to respond. This book helps you do that.
Buy one for each of your volunteer/small group youth leaders!