Kids' Travel Guide to the Parables invites children to go on a journey with you through the parables. Like the parables themselves, the 13 Bible lessons in this book will surprise, comfort, and challenge your children. Kids (levels K-5th grade) will explore some of the "greatest hits" of the parables of Jesus, from the more familiar ones such as the Good Samaritan and Prodigal Son, to lesser known ones, such as the Tower Builder and the Persistent Widow.
In each of these 13 Bible lessons, you will take your kids on a travel adventure with:
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First Stop Discovery: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Dive deeper into the teachings of the parable.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities (board games, comic strips, and more) show kids ways of living out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
- Home Again Prayer closes the lesson.
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook to remind them of what they have learned about God's laws.
Kids' Travel Guide to the Parables is part of the Kids' Travel Guide Series. Click here to learn more and download samples!
With these kids Sunday school lessons, you will also get:
Tour Guide Tips: Ideas you can use to enhance or adapt the lesson for different ages.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Games, role-playing, situations like School and "Fruity Situations," board games, fill-in cartoon strips and artwork patterns.