Kids' Travel Guide to the Fruit of the Spirit is based on the fruits of the Spirit of Galatians 5:22-23 and leads your Sunday school or midweek program on a 13-week Scripture-based discovery of how God's Spirit helps us express God's love to others through caring actions, and healthy attitudes. Kids (K-5th grade) will explore how to be strong in the decisions they make, and live out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
Each Sunday school lesson takes kids on a travel adventure with:
- In-Focus Verse around which the adventure is focused..
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First Stop Discovery: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Bring the Fruit of the Spirit to life.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities (board games, comic strips, and more) show kids ways of living out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
- Home Again Prayer closes the lesson.
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook to remind them of what they have learned about God's laws.
Kids' Travel Guide to the Fruit of the Spirit is part of the Kids' Travel Guide Lesson Books Series.
8.5" x 11" softcover
An Introduction to the Travel Guide
- Journey 1 What Is the Fruit of the Spirit?
- Journey 2 Love
- Journey 3 Joy
- Journey 4 Peace
- Journey 5 Patience
- Journey 6 Kindness
- Journey 7 Goodness
- Journey 8 Faithfulness
- Journey 9 Gentleness
- Journey 10 Self-Control
- Journey 11 What It Means to Belong to Jesus
- Journey 12 Living by the Spirit
- Journey 13 Staying With or Straying From the Spirit
With these Sunday school lessons, you will also get:
- Tour Guide Tips: Ideas you can use to enhance or adapt the lesson for different ages.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Games, role-playing, situations like School and "Fruity Situations," board games, fill-in cartoon strips and artwork patterns.