Living Out a Jesus-Centered Life
Following Jesus: Seasons contains 5 lessons from the Following Jesus experience-based youth curriculum from Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence. These thought-provoking lessons move from a teacher-student model toward one of active, participatory discovery, modeled after the way Jesus engaged people in the Bible.
In this Series we pay special attention to the "marker moments" in students' lives, tied to the four major holiday seasons of the year. These seasons are characterized by a focus on Jesus and family that is distinct from "normal" time. We'll use these holidays as clarifying lenses that help students see Jesus more clearly, drink more deeply of him, and fuel their worship as a result. We experience so much chaos and distraction around these holidays—we need help to re-center our souls on the deeper meaning embedded in them.
The 6 lesson series topics include:
- Gift-Giving (Christmas)
- New You (New Year’s)
- Longing (Thanksgiving)
- Up From the Grave (Easter)
- The Awkward In-Between (Easter)
Following Jesus is the ultimate youth curriculum for you and your ministry to:
- Encounter the love Jesus has for doubters, skeptics, and believers.
- Learn how weakness and fear can help students know the heart of Jesus.
- Think about the world the way Jesus does and lean into the events students commonly experience with a new kind of understanding and love.
- Approach relationships the way Jesus does—vertically and horizontally.
- Impact real-life relationships and the surrounding community with a new sense of purpose that's rooted in a Jesus-centered life.
All the Following Jesus curriculum lessons have student handouts, leader guides, and editable PowerPoint slides to further instill the learning material. All the Following Jesus lessons provide a platform to help students pursue the heart of Jesus and help them experience Jesus' love, not just admire him.
Following Jesus youth curriculum is brought to you by Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence.
Your Lesson Plan Contents:
- 5 downloadable lesson plans
- A comprehensive User Guide (for either youth ministry or mixed-age groups)
- Editable Leader Guide & Participant Handout for each lesson
- Editable PowerPoint slide deck per lesson that includes embedded video segments
Rick Lawrence is the Executive Director of Vibrant Faith, publisher of Following Jesus. Rick is also the General Editor of Group’s bestselling Jesus-Centered Bible and author of 40 books and curriculums, including The God Who Fights for You and many Group books, including The Jesus-Centered Life and the Jesus-Centered Daily. He was also the longtime Editor of Group Magazine.