Connecting youth to the Heart of Jesus
Following Jesus: Jesus in the Real World contains 6 lessons from the Following Jesus experience-based youth curriculum from Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence. This curriculum moves from a teacher-student model toward one of active, participatory discovery, modeled after the way Jesus engaged people in the Bible.
In this Series, students will learn to think about the world the way Jesus does and lean into the challenges and struggles they face in everyday life with a new kind of understanding and love. The participants will pursue the heart of Jesus through the lens of what’s going on in the world right now. The focus is Jesus, not politics or ideologies. The goal is to connect what’s happening around them to the presence, priorities, and practices of Jesus. The students will focus on their “Body Presence” in the world, not assume they have solutions. They’ll grapple with real things in real ways and emerge with new clarity and convictions.
The 6 lesson series topics include:
- My Body
Following Jesus is the ultimate youth curriculum for you and your ministry to:
- Encounter the love Jesus has for doubters, skeptics, and believers.
- Learn how weakness and fear can help students know the heart of Jesus.
- Think about the world the way Jesus does and lean into the events students commonly experience with a new kind of understanding and love.
- Approach relationships the way Jesus does—vertically and horizontally.
- Impact real-life relationships and the surrounding community with a new sense of purpose that's rooted in a Jesus-centered life.
All the Following Jesus curriculum lessons have student handouts, leader guides, and editable PowerPoint slides to further instill the learning material. All the Following Jesus lessons provide a platform to help students pursue the heart of Jesus and help them experience Jesus' love, not just admire him.
Following Jesus youth curriculum is brought to you by Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence.
Your Lesson Plan Contents:
- 6 Lesson Plans
- A comprehensive User Guide (for either youth ministry or mixed-age groups)
- Editable Leader Guide and Participant Handout for each lesson
- Editable PowerPoint slide deck per lesson that includes embedded video segments
Rick Lawrence is the Executive Director of Vibrant Faith, publisher of Following Jesus. Rick is also the General Editor of Group’s bestselling Jesus-Centered Bible and author of 40 books and curriculums, including The God Who Fights for You and many Group books, including The Jesus-Centered Life and the Jesus-Centered Daily. He was also the longtime Editor of Group Magazine.