In eight short verses in Matthew 5, Jesus captures the characteristics and qualities of those he calls "blessed." He doesn't preach what should or shouldn't be done; rather, He lays out a plan for how to live a life that is honoring to God. The Sermon on the Mount is one of Jesus' most famous teaching moments, and his discussion on the Beatitudes kicked it all off!
If your experience with the Beatitudes small group curriculum is anything like ours, you'll find your groups talking about issues that matter with a depth rarely seen in junior high. These lessons will give your students a Biblical understanding of each Beatitude and then follow up with reflective questions to help them apply what they've learned.
The Beatitudes small group curriculum contains:
- 8 lessons covering all the Beatitudes:
- Blessed are the poor in Spirit
- Blessed are those who mourn
- Blessed are the meek
- Blessed are those hunger and thirst for righteousness
- Blessed are those who are merciful
- Blessed are those whose hearts are pure
- Blessed are those who work for peace
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness
- A download with both PDF and Microsoft Word documents to edit and reproduce each lesson.
Help shape your students' internal character and their external view of life with the guiding truths of the Beatitudes.
This is a downloadable file (ZIP). Approximate Size: 1 MB. Download time will vary.