We're all scrambling to shift and re-invent the way we do youth ministry during the COVID pandemic, waiting for the return of "normal." But what if this time of chaos and fear offers us an unprecedented chance to help our kids grow more deeply in their relationship with Jesus?
This 8-week lesson bundle for youth ministry, designed specifically in this pandemic-era, aims to do just that.
When creator Rick Lawrence (executive editor of Group's Youth Ministry Resources and creator of the "Reboot" youth ministry training in interactive/improvisational leadership) could no longer meet face-to-face with his home-based youth group, he pioneered an approach using Zoom's virtual platform to create highly interactive lessons that help kids take a deep dive into the heart and soul of Jesus.
Now Rick has edited and packaged this 8-lesson series called "Foundations In Jesus" into a resource you can use right now on the Zoom platform, and morph to use later as you transition to a face-to-face ministry environment.
The approach of these lessons is scale-able. It will work for a group of six teenagers all the way up to a group of 100 teenagers, and more. And once you've learned these participatory, interactive skills you can incorporate them into your face-to-face group experience, when all the craziness is in the rear-view mirror. This item is available as a digital resource only. A physical resource will not be shipped for this item.
Please note that digital products are non-returnable: all sales for these items are final.
In these eight lessons you'll take your students through an adventure in foundation-building, including:
- Foundations #1: Love = Community
- Foundations #2: The Problem of Pain
- Foundations #3: Up From the Grave
- Foundations #4: The Awkward In-Between
- Foundations #5: Covid Metaphors
- Foundations #6: Resilience
- Foundations #7: Breathe
- Foundations #8: More
Each lesson includes:
- A leader guide with specific instructions to help you lead teenagers through the interactions and experiences and video discussion-starters.
- A "student handout" you can email to your kids the day you gather online. They'll use this handout as a reference for the interactions, questions, and experiences embedded in the lesson.
- Links and attachments to resources you'll need.
Includes one-page guide for using the tools on Zoom to lead these lessons.
Plus a private Vimeo link to a coaching session on "Interactive Virtual Youth Ministry" led by Rick, helping youth workers around the country to learn how to use Zoom to create highly engaging virtual gatherings.
Works for virtual groups of 6 - 100 teenagers.