By Group Publishing
Teens face difficult, painful stuff in life--and they shouldn't struggle alone. But what do you say? How do you help? What if you make things worse?
This rapid-response handbook gives you and your youth group the confidence to share God's love and comfort with hurting friends.
You will be prepared to respond with 12 chapters focused on twelve emergencies that the teens you care for may encounter.
This is a downloadable file (PDF). - Size: 155 pages, 1.5 MB
Permission to print one copy.
Please note that downloadable products are non-returnable: all sales for these items are final.
- Crisis Pregnancy
- Academic Problems
- Family Conflict
- Stress and Anxiety
- Destructive Behavior
- Gender Identity and Sexual Choices
- Each chapter includes:
- Real Life Narrative - Learn from someone who has been there
- Care and Counseling Tips - Practical ideas to personally reach out in love
- Tips for your entire youth group - Great ways your group can offer support
- What to say and what not to say - Positive encouragement to help the hurting and advice on what not to say
You'll also find Scripture connections, guidelines for referring your friend to a professional counselor, additional resources, and ways your group can stand by your friend in need.
- Chapter 1 Grief
- Supporting Students During Loss
- Chapter 2 Depression
- Supporting Your Teenager in the Darkness
- Chapter 3 Suicide
- Intervening Before It's Too Late
- Chapter 4 Addictions
- Offering Love and Support to Those Who Are Trying to Quit
- Chapter 5 Divorce
- Supporting Your Student Through Family Changes
- Chapter 6 Abuse
- Empowering Victims to Regain Control of Their Lives
- Chapter 7 Crisis Pregnancy
- Loving Students Through Unplanned Pregnancy or Post-Abortion Stress
- Chapter 8 Academic Problems
- Assisting Students With School Struggles
- Chapter 9 Family Conflict
- Overcoming Communication Challenges Between Teenagers and Their Families
- Chapter 10 Stress and Anxiety
- Ministering to Stressed-Out Students
- Chapter 11 Destructive Behavior
- Understanding What's Behind Harmful Activities
- Chapter 12 Gender Identity and Sexual Choices
- Equipping Students to Make Wise Sexual Choices