Based on the fruits of the Spirit of Galatians 5:22-23, this book leads your Sunday school or midweek program on a 13-week Scripture-based discovery of how God's Spirit helps us express God's love to others through caring actions, and healthy attitudes.
Kids (K-5th grade) will explore how to be strong in the decisions they make, and live out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
Each lesson takes kids on a travel adventure with:
You will also get:
- In-Focus Verse around which the adventure is focused -- "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him" (1 John 4:16b) begins Journey 2.
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First Stop Discovery: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Bring the Fruit of the Spirit to life.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities (board games, comic strips, and more) show kids ways of living out the Fruit of the Spirit in their daily lives.
- Home Again Prayer closes the lesson.
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook to remind them of what they have learned about God's laws.
- Tour Guide Tips: Ideas you can use to enhance or adapt the lesson for different ages.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Games, role-playing, situations like School and "Fruity Situations", board games, fill-in cartoon strips and artwork patterns.