Make your church both safe and welcoming with the Safe and Secure Church kit.
Your church doesn’t need to seem like an armored fortress to be safe. This comprehensive, ministry-focused church security kit helps you recruit, train, and equip a safety and security team that both protects and serves your congregation. Be ready for anything—from a medical problem to a catastrophic active-shooter situation.
In partnership with:
- Other Ministry Leader or Volunteer
- Security Team Leader
- Security Team Volunteer
The Safe and Secure Church kit will equip and prepare your church security team with training and insights on vital topics including:
- Determining your church’s risk and liability
- Developing a safety and security mindset
- Understanding the most common threats to your church
- Increasing your awareness and ability to spot danger
- Protecting children in your care
- Verbally de-escalating dangerous situations
- Church emergency preparedness including lockdown and evacuation procedures
- Attracting, training, and retaining security team volunteers
- Medical and security scenarios to help train team members
- Active shooter scenarios and firearms skill drills
Every training session in the Safe and Secure Church kit includes interviews and insight from top subject matter experts including:
Children’s Ministry Experts
Pastors and Church Leaders
The Safe and Secure Church training kit provides your ministry with a resource built upon
- A compassionate approach to church safety and security
- Comprehensive training equipping your team to recruit volunteers, respond to medical emergencies, protect your people, and much more
- An emphasis on preventative measures focusing on understanding common threats, spotting potential danger, and implementing best practices for your ministry
- Not a heavy-handed security response focused on enforcement and not service
- Not unbalanced training with heavy emphasis on statistical low risks at the expense of overlooking more common safety concerns
- Not reactionary instruction focused on worst-case scenarios and fears
The Safe and Secure Church kit provides your church comprehensive safety and security training that will allow your teams to minister to your people, while also keeping them safe.
For less than the cost of a half-day training from a security consultant, you can provide practical training for every person on your security team.
Each kit includes these church security resources:
- A Quick-Start Guide featuring 5 proven steps for a successful program
- 3 Informational Manuals offering real-life examples, expert advice, and practical instructions you can use in your church today including:
- Safe and Secure Church Guidebook: A step-by-step ministry approach to security
- Safe and Secure Church Planning: Sample checklists, policies, and plans to help you get started
- Safe and Secure Church Scenarios: Real-life situations to help train your team
- 10 Training DVDs providing video interviews with church safety and security experts on a variety of critical topics churches need to consider when developing their safety and security policies, procedures, and training.
- 1 USB Drive containing all the video from the DVDs, plus Bonus Active Shooter Feature.