Living out a Jesus-Centered Life
Following Jesus: Love. Relationships. Community. contains 6 lessons from the Following Jesus experience-based youth curriculum from Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence. This youth ministry curriculum moves from a teacher-student model toward one of active, participatory discovery, modeled after the way Jesus engaged people in the Bible.
In this Series students will explore relationships the way Jesus does—vertically and horizontally. That means they will discover how to deepen their intimacy and dependence on Jesus (their vertical relationship with him), while they are also learning what it means to love one another in deeper ways (their horizontal relationships). The two great commandments Jesus gave us are simple: 1) Love God, and 2) Love others. As youth participants draw near to Jesus, they naturally pursue closer relationships with others—their vertical relationship feeds their horizontal relationships. They'll grow in the way they impact real-life relationships and their surrounding community—with a new sense of purpose that's rooted in a Jesus-centered life.
The 6 lesson series topics include:
- Dangerous Love
- Scandalously Nice
- Master Sommeliers of Jesus
- Love the Enemy Within
- Invited In
- Loving Your Enemies
Following Jesus is the ultimate youth curriculum for you and your ministry to:
- Encounter the love Jesus has for doubters, skeptics, and believers.
- Learn how weakness and fear can help students know the heart of Jesus.
- Think about the world the way Jesus does and lean into the events students commonly experience with a new kind of understanding and love.
- Approach relationships the way Jesus does—vertically and horizontally.
- Impact real-life relationships and the surrounding community with a new sense of purpose that's rooted in a Jesus-centered life.
All the Following Jesus curriculum lessons have student handouts, leader guides, and editable PowerPoint slides to further instill the learning material. All the Following Jesus lessons provide a platform to help students pursue the heart of Jesus and help them experience Jesus' love, not just admire him.
Following Jesus youth curriculum is brought to you by Vibrant Faith and created by Rick Lawrence.
Your Lesson Plan Contents:
- 6 Lesson Plans
- A comprehensive User Guide (for either youth ministry or mixed-age groups)
- Editable Leader Guide & Participant Handout for each lesson
- Editable PowerPoint slide deck per lesson that includes embedded video segments
Rick Lawrence is the Executive Director of Vibrant Faith, publisher of Following Jesus. Rick is also the General Editor of Group’s bestselling Jesus-Centered Bible and author of 40 books and curriculums, including The God Who Fights for You and many Group books, including The Jesus-Centered Life and the Jesus-Centered Daily. He was also the longtime Editor of Group Magazine.