Frequently Asked Questions
Group U offers certification in both children's and youth ministry. Both certifications require that you complete eight courses within a year. Three of the eight courses are foundational leadership courses, and we recommend you begin with these courses. Five of the eight courses are children's ministry or youth ministry specific courses, depending on your certification path.
A lot of Group U students decide to jump into certification after taking an individual course. If you have taken a course in the certification requirements, we will provide you a discount when you sign up for certification. Give us a call at 1-800-447-1070.
Yes. We understand things happen. Here are the guidelines for canceling your certification:
- Submit your request for cancelation via email at info@Group.com or call Group at 1-800-447-1070 within seven days of your purchase.
- You must not have completed more than 20 percent of the course content.
- All refund requests must be approved by management prior to processing.
There are three simple things that you can do at the very beginning to set your learning trajectory from good to great.
- Set your plan of attack. Begin by taking the foundational leadership courses: The R.E.A.L. Approach to Spiritual Transformation, The L.I.F.E. Strategy for Recruiting and Equipping Volunteers, and The Power of Relational Ministry Leadership. By taking this approach, you will have a solid framework for your continued learning.
- Print out your course notes. By taking this simple step, you will retain more of the content because you will interact with the materials in various ways. This secures a better learning experience for the long run.
- Participate in the Facebook community page. There are lots of hands-on experiences that we want you to try out in your ministry, and it is good to share information about those activities with other people in ministry. You can even go through the comment feed and look at the experiences of past students.
(And remember to have a blast and throw confetti when you complete a course!)
The course instructors are experienced ministry practitioners. Their background and experience matches their passion for the topic they present.
Group is an inter-denominational publisher. Our content focuses on the things that denominations agree on, not on what divides them. The Group U content is designed to serve all denominations. Read more about Group or our Statement of Faith. I am sure the answer is yes. To read more about our Statement of Faith go to https://www.group.com/about-us/statement-of-faith/
No tests or quizzes. Reciting correct answers on a test does not make you a better leader. All courses will provide exercises and experiences to help you integrate the learning immediately. You'll reflect, practice, and do the competencies each course will teach.
On average it will take about 4-5 hours to complete a course. We recommend doing one module a week. That way you can practice what you learn and build your skills each week.
If you purchased an individual course, you will have access to your course for 3 months from the purchase date. If you purchased a certification, you will have access to your courses for 1 year from the purchase date. We can offer limited extensions on an as needed basis. Just contact email@example.com.