Hands-On Bible Curriculum Quick-Start Guide
The Hands-On Bible Curriculum Quick-Start Guide is designed to help new Hands-On Bible Curriculum users jump right into leading easy and effective Sunday school lessons. You may continue reading online below or download your printable PDF version. As always, if you have any questions please scroll down this page to find our Customer Care Team contact info. Enjoy!
Open the Teacher Guide and read the introductory pages where you’ll discover this quarter’s topics, age-level insights, and how to make the most of your Hands-On Bible Curriculum.
Turn to the Module 1 introduction page. You’ll note that each quarter is split into three modules covering various topics or Bible themes. Each module’s introduction gives you a glimpse of those topics and gives you great tips for how to use the lessons effectively.
Turn to the lesson you’ll be leading this week.
- Explore the “Teacher Enrichment” to allow God to prepare your heart for this week’s lesson.
- Review the “This Lesson at a Glance” chart to get an overview of the activities in the lesson, as well as the supplies you’ll need for each one. Each lesson’s supplies will help the visual and kinesthetic learners in your group to grow closer to Jesus. Gather all the supplies listed for the activities you choose to do.
- Review the Before the Lesson section above the chart, and prepare by following the steps listed.
- Notice the Bible Point. It’s repeated many times within each lesson to help you imprint that truth on children’s hearts. The Bible Point is taught in all activities so you can customize the lesson to fit your time.
- Everything the leader says and asks is in bold type and easy to see at a glance.
Open the Learning Lab to collect the gadgets and gizmos that’ll help you teach as Jesus taught—using everyday objects. Each object will surprise kids as they touch, smell, and see God’s truths in ways they won’t forget.
You can also buy additional supplies like the My First Hands-On Bible for 3-6 year olds, the Hands-On Bible for elementary kids, and the loveable puppets: Whiskers, Pockets, and Cuddles. Many of the Hands-On Bible Curriculum lessons show you how to use these items to help kids engage with Jesus.
Make copies of the take-home handout each week. (Note: Toddlers & 2s has one per month.)
Look for teachable moments that you can use to encourage participants or ask follow-up questions. Keep your antenna up for “God Sightings”—moments when God is at work.
- Samples & Catalogs
Vacation Bible School
Sunday School Curriculum
- Fall Festivals
Sunday School Lessons
- Children's Messages & Sermons
- Sunday School Activities
- Children's Ministry Leadership
- Kids' Bibles & Books
Preschool Ministry Resources
Kids' Worship Music & Videos
- Children's Ministry Magazine
- Parenting Christian Kids Newsletter
- Vacation Bible School
- Volunteer Management
- For You or Your Family
- Ministry Tools
- Discipleship & Outreach
- Church Safety
Training & Events
- Training Home
- Childrens Ministry Training
- Church Ministry Training
- Youth Ministry Training
- Local Church Training
- Day Camps