For kids in ministry, a breach in safety can have lifelong consequences. For this reason, safety precautions—including thorough background checks—are no longer an option but a responsibility.
But how do you get started with background screening? Or once started, how can you be confident that your current screening policies are adequate?
Whether you’re setting up background checks for the first time, or enhancing your current practices, this guide will help.
- Tips for creating a safety-first culture
- Crafting a screening policy for your team
- Your liability if an incident occurs with a volunteer who wasn't properly screened
- Steps for getting started with background checks
- How to find a reputable and reliable background check provider