Welcome to the show! Want to see a child's eyes light up? Introduce the child to a puppet. Puppet shows are a surefire Sunday school activity snag a child's attention. And that makes puppet shows a compelling way to introduce children to Bible stories and Bible characters.
The 20 scripts you'll find in Instant Puppet Skits have something in common: Each script tells the story of someone who had a personal encounter with Jesus.
And you'll find that the scripts have other things in common too:
- Each children's ministry script provides a way to involve the audience. Sometimes they'll have a part in the skit, and other times they'll provide a sound effect or a prop.
- After each script you'll find questions designed to help children apply what they've experienced and draw closer in their own relationships with Jesus.
- Scripts have no more than four puppets on stage at any one time, and often fewer. That makes it easy for you to recruit enough puppeteers!
- And each script is already recorded on a fun soundtrack. You and your puppeteer friends don't have to worry about digging up sound effects or reading the lines as you perform. It's already done for you!
By John Cutshall and Mikal Keefer
Use the Sunday school ideas from Instant Puppet Skits: 20 Stories From People Who Met Jesus to enliven favorite Bible stories and to introduce children to puppeteering! With these Sunday school skits, you'll lead kids to discover more about Jesus from the people who knew him best—those he met—like one of the shepherds, Zacchaeus, a Roman soldier, and more! With this children's ministry resource, you will get:
- 2 compact discs with audio for each script. You and your puppeteer friends don't have to worry about digging up sound effects or reading the lines as you perform. It's already done for you!
- Scripture reference in Table of Contents
- Directions for creating a stage
- Simple Bible costumes for puppets
- Reproducible patterns for props
- Reproducible scripts with staging instructions
- And a Puppet Primer with tips for powerful and imaginative productions.
8.5" x 11" softcover with 2 CDs
The twenty scripts you'll find in Instant Puppet Skits have something in common: each features a Bible character who met Jesus and shares a personal insight. John the Baptist tells his would-be, disgusted director that he is not the star attraction, that his purpose was to prepare people to follow Jesus, and while Lazarus tries to collect a refund on his burial, he explains eternal life for those who believe. And you'll find that the scripts have other things in common too:
- Scripts have no more than four puppets on stage at any one time, and you can re-use the same four "actors" with different costumes to limit the costs of the puppets!
- Four or less puppets per script makes it easy for you to recruit enough puppeteers!
- Yet the audience is involved. In "Fish and Loaves", the audience acts the part of the crowd, each of them stuffed with food.
- After each script you'll find group discussion points in the "For Deeper Learning" section.