By Rick Rusaw and Eric Swanson
If Your Church Vanished, Would Your Community Weep? Would Anyone Notice? Would Anyone Care? The Externally Focused Church is a book for ministry leaders who want to transform their community by serving the people in it. Authors Rick Rusaw and Eric Swanson discuss this church grown idea in their forward: "I will never forget the comment of one fourth-grade teacher as she stood there, amazed at the work being done on her classroom by complete strangers: 'If this is Christianity, then I'm interested,' she said." This church development book challenges leaders to learn from churches that have made serving their communities a priority--with dramatic results. According to The Externally Focused Church, your church can be a firm pillar in your community because of the unwavering truth and love of its members.
This church development book uses case studies from churches that have mastered community service, and apply the action steps to:
- Attract new believers and reach hurt and skeptical people through service
- Use the resources your church already has to impact those in need
- Learn how churches have made community service a part of their DNA
- Help your members deepen their spiritual commitment through service
- Discover practical ways to change your community—starting now
From the minister to the mechanic and the teen to the tenured, your church will expand God's kingdom when it extends his love to the people in your community.
6" x 9" softcover