Discussions from Matthew and Luke. This adult ministry resource includes a FREE digital copy of the Leader Guide and companion Participant Guide! You will find instructions for accessing these free resources inside the printed Leader Guide you purchase. With Fearless Conversation: Why Is Jesus So Radical, you'll lead participants through 13 weeks of thoughtful conversation focusing on the life of Jesus. Based on discussions from Matthew and Luke, the adult Sunday school topics include "How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation?" and "Can we really beat temptation?"
This adult Sunday school leader Guide gives leaders all the lessons, notes, and Bible background, plus additional tips and resources for 13 weeks of the Fearless Conversation curriculum. Why Fearless Conversations?
Fearless Conversation is an adult Sunday school resource saturated with Bible content and will:
- Help people get to know God and each other better by exploring "wondering" questions.
- Encourage people to look to the Bible inductively for the answers to their biggest questions.
Fearless Conversation features:
- 13 adult Sunday school lessons in each title
- Great topics for Sunday school and small groups
- Adaptable material for any size group
- Curriculum that is easy to lead and low prep
- Every leader guide includes a FREE digital copy of the leader guide and coordinating participant guide!
8.5" x 11" softcover
Quarter 1: Why is Jesus so radical? Discussions from Matthew and Luke
- Lesson 1: Why did God come as a baby? Luke 2:1-20 (Jesus is born)
- Lesson 2: Can we really beat temptation? Matthew 4:1-11 (Temptation of Christ)
- Lesson 3: What does it really mean to follow Jesus? Matthew 4:18-25 (Jesus begins his public ministry)
- Lesson 4: How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation? Matthew 9:18-26 (Healing Jarius' daughter and a bleeding woman)
- Lesson 5: What does it mean if Jesus really is God's son? Luke 9:18-36 (Peter's confession and the Transfiguration)
- Lesson 6: Why did Jesus tell such confusing stories? Matthew 13:24-45 (Kingdom parables)
- Lesson 7: Was Jesus racist, or sexist—or both? Matthew 15:21-28 (Jesus compares a Canaanite woman to a dog)
- Lesson 8: What's Jesus got against grown-ups? Luke 18:15-17 (Jesus blesses children)
- Lesson 9: What was really going on at Jesus' "Triumphal Entry" into Jerusalem? Luke 19:29-44 (Triumphal entry)
- Lesson 10: What if God wants more than I want to give? Matthew 26:36-55 (Jesus prays in Gethsemane, then is arrested)
- Lesson 11: Did God really disown Jesus on the cross? Matthew 27:32-56 (Jesus is crucified)
- Lesson 12: Resurrection seems so impossible... how can I believe in a literal "Easter" story? Matthew 27:62-28:15 (Jesus returns to life)
- Lesson 13: How can I know Jesus is really alive today? Luke 24:36-53 (Jesus appears to the disciples, then ascends to heaven)