This Kids' Travel Guide lesson book contains a 13-week Scripture-based exploration of the graciousness and peace of the 23rd Psalm—one of the most loved passages of the Bible. Not only is Kids' Travel Guide to the 23rd Psalm a great resource for kids Sunday school lessons, but it also reminds the kids that the comfort the 23rd Psalm promises isn't just for times of peace when life is good and we're certain of God's presence. Instead the passage reassures us most vividly of God's protection and loving care in our most difficult times—in the darkest valley and in the presence of our enemies. Kids' Travel Guide to the 23rd Psalm is the perfect lesson book for reassuring children that they can trust God's love for them in every circumstance. In each of these 13 Bible lessons for kids, you will take your Sunday school class on a travel adventure with:
- In-Focus Verse around Psalm 23.
- Departure Prayer designed for children to add their own words of prayer.
- First-Stop Discoveries: Narrated enactment or group activity exploring the lesson's Bible Story.
- Story Excursions: Bible events or Scripture passages that illustrate a Bible truth to support each concept.
- Adventures in Growing: Activities show kids how to apply what they've learned to their daily lives!
- Souvenirs: Kids create pages that go into a notebook (their very own travel journal!) to remind them of the lesson's Bible point.
8.5" x 11" softcover
- Journey 1: The Lord Is My Shepherd - God loves and watches over us.
- Journey 2: All That I Need - We belong to God. "The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need."
- Journey 3: At Rest in Green Meadows - We're in God's care. "He lets me rest in green meadows."
- Journey 4: Beside Peaceful Streams - God asks us to trust and follow. "He leads me beside peaceful streams."
- Journey 5: New Strength - God's power makes us strong. "He renews my strength."
- Journey 6: Along Right Paths - God shows us the way we should go. "He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name."
- Journey 7: Through the Darkest Valley - God helps us overcome our fears. "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me."
- Journey 8: Protection and Comfort - God protects us from harm. "Your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
- Journey 9: A Feast for Us - God surprises us with blessings. "You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies."
- Journey 10: Anointed With Oil - God heals us. "You honor me by anointing my head with oil."
- Journey 11: Overflowing With Blessings - God gives us good things. "My cup overflows with blessings."
- Journey 12: Unfailing Love - God is always with us. "Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life."
- Journey 13: The House of the Lord Forever - God promises us eternal life. "And I will live in the house of the Lord forever."
- Tour Guide Tips: Ways to enhance or adapt the lesson.
- Items to Pack: Supplies and props for the journey.
- Scenic Routes to give you more creative options.
- Fun Facts: Jokes and interesting tidbits related to the lesson.
- Reproducible pages: Overhead master showing armor, props, and take-home illustrations of the Focus Verse.