Discussions from Matthew and Luke. Includes 13 weeks of thoughtful conversation focusing on the life of Jesus. Based on discussions from Matthew and Luke. Topics include, "How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation?" and "Can we really beat temptation?" This set includes 1 Leader Guide and 5 Participant Guides. PLUS, the Leader Guide includes an activation code to access FREE digital copies of both guides! Leader Guide includes all the lessons, notes, and Bible commentaries, plus additional tips and resources for the leader.
Participant guides include Bible commentaries, discussion questions, and all the Scripture readings (NIV) for each lesson.
Quarter 1 Why is Jesus so radical? Discussions from Matthew and Luke
- Lesson 1: Why did God come as a baby? Luke 2:1-20 (Jesus is born)
- Lesson 2: Can we really beat temptation? Matthew 4:1-11 (Temptation of Christ)
- Lesson 3: What does it really mean to follow Jesus? Matthew 4:18-25 (Jesus begins his public ministry)
- Lesson 4: How can I tell if Jesus cares enough to act in my situation? Matthew 9:18-26 (Healing Jarius' daughter and a bleeding woman)
- Lesson 5: What does it mean if Jesus really is God's Son? Luke 9:18-36 (Peter's confession and the Transfiguration)
- Lesson 6: Why did Jesus tell such confusing stories? Matthew 13:24-45 (Kingdom parables)
- Lesson 7: Was Jesus racist, or sexist—or both? Matthew 15:21-28 (Jesus compares a Canaanite woman to a dog)
- Lesson 8: What's Jesus got against grown-ups? Luke 18:15-17 (Jesus blesses children)
- Lesson 9: What was really going on at Jesus' "Triumphal Entry" into Jerusalem? Luke 19:29-44 (Triumphal entry)
- Lesson 10: What if God wants more than I want to give? Matthew 26:36-55 (Jesus prays in Gethsemane, then is arrested)
- Lesson 11: Did God really disown Jesus on the cross? Matthew 27:32-56 (Jesus is crucified)
- Lesson 12: Resurrection seems so impossible... how can I believe in a literal "Easter" story? Matthew 27:62-28:15 (Jesus returns to life)
- Lesson 13: How can I know Jesus is really alive today? Luke 24:36-53 (Jesus appears to the disciples, then ascends to heaven)