This product is available June 2020 - April 2022
The Cafe Chocolat women’s retreat is a Bible-based retreat program designed to help women grow in their relationship with God and develop lasting friendships with each other. At this deliciously-themed women’s retreat, participants will delight in the extravagant grace of God as they explore how it is evident in their own lives and in the lives of others.
Using chocolate as a metaphor (and sometimes to eat!), women will be drawn closer to Jesus by diving deeply into his miracles and what they teach about grace. The Bible-based retreat curriculum sessions include Bible study, small group discussion, worship, personal reflection, Christian service, and more. Women will reflect on God’s extravagant grace...
- through mistakes and blunders (and laughter!)
- in the midst of disappointment
- with the ultimate gift of Jesus’ resurrection
You just need this kit to pull off one of the most spiritually refreshing, relational, and meaningful Christian women’s retreats you’ve had or attended. This women’s ministry resource includes easy-to-follow scripts for each session, worship music, planning guides, promotional materials, training, and more.
What’s inside this Christian women’s retreat kit...
- Director Guide
- Media Pack with training and promotional DVD, graphics CD-ROM, and instrumental music CD
- Worship Leader Guide
- 6 session leader guides (plus one bonus session!)
- Cafe Chocolat Participant Guide
- Full-size samples of all the individual participant items: Participant Guide, bracelet, wrap kit, music CD, highlighter/pen combo, and Bible cover
At your Cafe Chocolat chocolate-themed retreat, women will delight in the extravagant grace of God as they dive into the miracles of Jesus.
Here’s a look inside each of the sessions:
- Session 1: Women will delve into Jesus’ miracle of multiplying the loaves and fishes recorded in Matthew 14. This miracle will begin the exploration of the extravagance of God’s grace.
- Session 2: The focus of this session moves to God’s grace when we make mistakes and blunders. Women will laugh as they remember their own blunders, and then visit the story of Jesus’ first miracle--turning water into wine at a wedding--to reflect on his mercy when we mess up.
- Session 3: This session includes an opportunity through a service project to extend God’s grace to those they don’t even know through a project to be donated to a local nursing home or ministry for the elderly.
- Session 4: Through an exploration of Lazarus’ death and resurrection, women discover the true depth of God’s grace in the midst of doubt and hurt and are personally challenged to invite God’s sweetness into a bitter situation.
- Session 5: Women will use their participant guides to go through a guided time of pondering God’s grace as it relates to their own lives. This session gives women some much-needed alone time with God.
- Session 6: Women will be led through an activity that will help them consider the implications of sin and how Jesus’ miraculous resurrection covered it all, bringing God’s grace to life in their own lives.
- BONUS Session: Women will find joy and comfort as they recount the miracle of Jesus calming the storm as told in Matthew 8. They’ll identify the things that are currently "rocking the boat" of a friend or loved one and reach out with an encouraging gesture to help calm the storm.
Every Cafe Chocoloat Women’s Retreat Kit includes…
- 1 Director Guide - Makes preparation simple. Includes planning guide, supply list, who to recruit, and more!
- 1 Media Pack - Includes a training & promotional DVD, graphics CD-ROM, and instrumental music CD. This media pack provides you with video training for your volunteers, plus professionally produced retreat commercials. The CD-ROM gives you ready-to-use themed clip art, registration tools, publicity items, and more.
- 1 Worship Leader Guide - Easy-to-follow directions for leading worship at your Cafe Chocolat women’s retreat.
- 6 session leader guides, plus a BONUS session - These Bible-based curriculum leader guides come complete with supply lists, and step-by-step instructions to make leading comfortable.
- 1 sample of each of the following participant items - Participant guide, bracelet, wrap kit, music CD, highlighter/pen combo, and Bible cover.