Community Service Awards Application
Group Publishing, Inc. is now accepting applications for the company's Community Service Awards until 5 p.m., June 28, 2013. Applications for cash awards are available to churches and community service organizations in 16 northern Colorado counties, including: Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Routt, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, and Yuma. The award program is funded through Group Publishing's charitable giving program, fostering the spirit of caring found in northern Colorado and recognizing nonprofit organizations and church-related groups devoted to community betterment.
Don't forget to like us on Facebook to stay updated!
The Community Service Awards Committee will select organizations deserving special recognition for their achievements in 12 award categories.
Download Community Service Awards Application
Don't have Adobe Reader? Click Here
2013 Rules & Instructions
1. All nonprofit organizations (as certified by the IRS) that provide services in northern Colorado are eligible. Organizations in these 16 northern Colorado counties may apply: Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Routt, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, and Yuma.
2. Remember to include the following with your application:
- At least two photographs, either hard copy or digital images
- IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter
- Additional brochures or organizational information (optional)
3. Options for submitting the application:
Submit completely via e-mail: Email email@example.com with your completed application, using the digital signature feature to sign it. Scan in your 501(c)(3) letter and include the scanned letter, photographs, and any additional digital information in the email. Please use your organization's name as the subject line.
Submit partially via e-mail: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photographs and completed application, using the digital signature feature to sign it. Please use your organization's name as the subject line. Send the 501(c)(3) letter via postal mail, along with any other information. Please send postal mail to:
Community Service Awards
1515 Cascade Ave.
Loveland, CO 80538.
Note: All applications and supporting information become the property of the Group Publishing Community Service Awards program and will not be returned.
4. The community service activities must have occurred between May 31, 2012 and June 1, 2013. While programs may be continuous, only those conducted during the above period should be described in the entry. Each organization is allowed only one entry per year.
5. "Community service" is broadly defined as any activity carried out by a club, group, or organization that is of general benefit to the community and its citizens. Any federally recognized nonprofit organization or church, regardless of size, that sponsors and carries out community service activities and is located in one of the counties listed is eligible for the Group Publishing Community Service Awards program. Local chapters of national organizations must have local governing bodies.
6. The 2013 Community Service Awards Committee, which selects the awards recipients, is composed of Group Publishing staff members. Group Publishing, at its sole discretion, may decide not to make an award in any given category without disclosing its reasons.
7. The announcement of Group Publishing Community Service Awards recipients will be made
at the Annual Awards Presentation Luncheon on Thursday, August 29, 2013. Each participating
organization will be invited to have two representatives attend the ceremony free of charge. You
may purchase additional tickets for the luncheon based on availability. Award recipients must be
present to receive awards and should prepare to be interviewed by attending news reporters.